Sunday, May 24, 2015

Bible Doctrine is Anti Human Nature

Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be. Romans 8:7, KJV

The mind governed by the flesh is hostile to God; it does not submit to God's law, nor can it do so. Romans 8:7, NIV

A lady I knew paid $1,000 to take the Famous Writers course. When I asked her how it was coming, she complained, "They're trying to change the way I write!" She could have continued to write as she had and saved the money.

Wonder how many people attend a church and then complain that its teaching is contrary to what seems right to them. Anyone who can study good Christian theology and not be offended by it is a rare bird indeed.

I thought that I had a basic understanding of salvation, until I read a little booklet entitled For Whom Did Christ Die? I had been relying on what "every body knows", or collective deception. How long did it take me to learn that I had been completely wrong? One eight hour shift, alone in a Christian book warehouse.

The author anticipated all my objections to the doctrine of Limited Atonement, which the booklet skillfully presented. I was in my thirties, but very much a willful child. During that shift I had an ego-ectomy. I came to work an Arminian and left as a Calvinist. Amazing what can happen in a matter of hours.

In a number of doctrines, the truth is plainly laid out, in the Old Testament and the New. Yet men will treat it as heresy and claim it was the invention of a rogue theologian, now roasting in hell. Why? Because a doctrine offends their precious fallen nature.

Let me cite a very clear example: Predestination. Human nature blusters angrily that it makes God greater than man! It violates "free will". Nothing may be allowed to do that.

A concordance search will give 4 places where the predestination of the saints is specifically described. The King James uses "predestinated". They are Romans 8:29, Romans 8:30, Ephesians 1:5, and Ephesians 1:11.

The concept of predestination ranges from the children of Eve to the chosen of the book of Revelation. Yet predestination is considered a "hot issue", one where a preacher can lose his job if he even discusses it. Human nature rules! Fallen natures led by Satan will prevail.

We have had over a thousand years to get it right, but we will not bend or yield to the plain Word of God. I separate myself from such willful people.

No comments:

Post a Comment