Thursday, April 30, 2015

Casting Our Crowns at the Feet of Jesus

The four and twenty elders fall down before him that sat on the throne, and worship him that liveth for ever and ever, and cast their crowns before the throne,... Revelation 4:10

Elders. Crowns. What have these to do with us? Who do we know that would qualify to be a heavenly elder? And what about the crowns?

Here we may be a little bolder, for there is a crown promised to all who love His appearing (2 Timothy 4:8). Even I can have one of these. And, casting them before the feet of Jesus? Where else did the crowns arise, than from the one who saved, and empowered us?

Herein is a miracle, in my case, for I resisted Him at every turn. Yet He led me. The more I give up on the world, the more I love His coming in the clouds. I have given up on any hope from the world. My course is nearly finished. My only hope is in Him.

Almost all my possessions have been sold. Even the property on which I had my home has been sold. I look at these things and think of the foolish dreams I had, an endless variety of attempted side trips. Such a blessing to be relieved of them.

I have only One to rely upon, only One to trust in. This is my peace. It will soon be over. If only I had done better with the gifts and opportunities He gave to me. But He is rich in mercy, and that is where I place my hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment