Monday, March 23, 2015

They Cut Down My Tree

I had a beautiful, decorative tree in the front of my apartment. It had shiny leaves and fragrant blossoms in the Spring. But a storm took it down almost completely. A crew came with chainsaws, cut it into logs and hauled it away.

Guess I should be sad or angry--something like that. But now I can see the nearby woods, a view formerly blocked by the beautiful tree. I can watch the setting sun's last rays light up the distant trees.

My life itself, like my nearby little tree, is about to end. My reaction? Finally!

As I gaze at the tall trees in the distance, I think, if the little tree nearby was still standing, I could not see this distant vista, and I like it this way. My next view will be of heaven. The details of the world and my life were in the way of the Big Picture all along.

No comments:

Post a Comment