Friday, March 6, 2015

The Plant Press I Won't Buy

Not that I don't want it, it sounds terrific, but I don't think I will be able to use it. By the time the flowers and wild plants are ready, I don't think I will be.

The press in mind is one I have just heard of. You place plants or flowers in a little book between blotting sheets and place it in a microwave. It dries them so quickly that their colors are preserved.

I once had a heated laminater press that had the same ability. Not only were specimens heat dried under pressure but they also left a color record on the sheets. As the saying goes, "suitable for framing".

Have you ever bought a used book and found a pressed flower inside it? I would wonder what type of person was moved to keep the flower, and why it was never removed.

A lady I knew ran a bookstore and described the fate of some once treasured books. The owner died and the books were put into a dumpster to be hauled away. She retrieved some of them.

So, my press will not be purchased, seeing such a fate ahead for my intended plant treasures. I hope that in my heavenly destination, there will be gardens. Like Edens without serpents. Wouldn't it be neat if there were huge flowers, so large that by comparison, we would seem like insects. Then we could explore blossoms, like bees do? Talk about a close up view.

No comments:

Post a Comment