Monday, September 1, 2014

Show 'em How to Dance, Miriam!

And Miriam the prophetess, the sister of Aaron, took a timbrel in her hand; and all the women went out after her with timbrels and with dances. Exodus 15:20

I never could dance. I tried, but just lack the coordination I guess. I enjoy watching others, and I like all kinds. But personally I am like the dog who begged off from dancing, saying, "Sorry, but I have two left feet."

It is too late to have witnessed, what is to me, the best dance of all--Miriam praising God for defeating Pharaoh and his army. This is the dance I most wish I could have seen. A vast multitude of slaves, escaping from 400 years of bondage. And who celebrates--perhaps those who suffered the most--Miriam and the women.

I imagine her leaping and banging her timbrel, hair and garments blowing in the desert wind. Was it a great dance? God thinks so. He wrote about it in His Bible.

Are you in the mood for some Jewish rap? See Dance Like Miriam At The Red Sea!!!

1 comment:

  1. One of The Last Robin's readers had trouble leaving a comment on this post, so as his blog administrator I'm putting it here on her behalf.

    --------------------------------

    Dancing with the Stars, eat your heart out! You'll never reach the perfection or enthusiasm that Miriam did at the Red Sea! I listen to the retelling of it on you tube under Dance Like Miriam At the Red Sea when I need my spirits lifted. Trust me, it will do just that. Lili

    ReplyDelete