Saturday, June 21, 2014

The Last Part of the Song

Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is. 1 Corinthians 3:13

A friend of mine belonged to a mens' chorus. It was an amatuer affair of sincere young men. Occasionally they would be a little off key, or weak. The director was forgiving though. He stressed one thing. "It will all be okay if you have a nice strong ending."

As I anticipate my death, after a life of multiple off key and weak notes, I hope my Director will be forgiving of my mostly wasted life. Salvation is not the issue. I trust in Jesus for that. But I am concerned about the Judgement Seat of Christ, where our works will pass through fire and be tested. If only I could think of a "strong finish" for my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment