Thursday, June 26, 2014

Mr. Smarty Pants on Wanting to Dispose of Bombs

Dear Smarty Pants,
You occasionally mention your time in the army. Just what was your job, and did it relate to your religious beliefs in any way?

S.M. I was only a Guardsman and was trained to climb poles, install telephone lines, and run radios and a switchboard--commo as we called it. Had I made a career of it (fat chance) I would have opted for bomb-disposal.

Q. What is the connection, if any?

S.P. I am not a pacifist, but like wire stringing, bomb disposal hurts no one. It only saves lives.

Q. You still haven't told me of a connection.

S.P. In the church and in Bible teaching we are dealing with a lot of "mines". Detecting them and disarming them hurts no one, except for their feelings, and in some cases, their incomes. Much of the Bible deals with error. Finding it and seeking to correct it is like an MOS, Military Occupation Specialty.

No comments:

Post a Comment