Friday, February 14, 2014

Bishop, Well Kiss My Crozier!

Jesus called them together and said, "You know that the rulers of the Gentiles lord it over them, and their high officials exercise authority over them. Matt. 20:25

When my wife was a little girl out walking her terrier, she was scared by two Great Danes. "They were at the Bishop's house," she told me. The Bishop she mentioned was not in authority over her, but his mansion was near her house.

I happen to like Great Danes, but am very concerned over the modern use of the term "bishop". It really means an elder of a church, and not a successor to one of the disciples, living in a mansion and presiding over a number of subservient churches. I believe in apostalic "cessation".

With Peter as the first pope, the power grab is still underway. No one told Paul or James, the brother of Jesus, that Peter was a "pope". You have to watch these guys, they'll run right over you if they have a chance.

Paul tells how he corrected Peter, who had not been proclaimed "infallible" yet. I know about ex cathedra doctrine and that Peter was "elevated" after his death, but it still won't wash.

As for croziers, what are they but an emblem of the occult Spiral Dance?

I no longer wonder that the church has become so corrupt. Now I am amazed that it retains any truth at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment