Wednesday, January 1, 2014

The Stretchable Mind

I've been watching a number of videos on "Night Crawlers". The fact that American Natives have a tradition concerning them, with figures representing them--and we now have them on video--reminds me that Christians should be open to EVERYTHING.

Seems like many people feel that "A closed mind is a pure mind". It troubles me. So many times I have heard people say, "I guess you wouldn't know about that, you being a Christian." Since we have the ultimate Book and the Creator of the universe to guide us, what knowledge could be beyond our reach?

Personally, I don't want anyone to get "the drop" on me. That is, to let fear or ignorance to shut me out because of my faith. There is a common belief that knowledge is "of the flesh", and to be avoided. To contrast this, I say, know more than the world, so you know how to talk to them.

Instead of being known as people who cling to our faith because we know nothing else, I follow the opposite course. It is to say, I know the alternatives, but find them lacking. What if Christians were known as "know it alls" in every field, but found the ultimate understanding through the Bible?

As you look at these "stick figures", what is your reaction? This is a mere sample of course, of what we could be aware of, if we opened our minds. I like to surprise the world when I can. After all we're not the ones hiding from the truth. They are.

Watch Strange Alien Night Crawlers Cloaked Stick-like Creatures From Yosemite Park.

No comments:

Post a Comment