Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Don't Mention the Boss's Name

There was a cartoon where a man was orienting a new employee. He said, "You'll like the boss. It's one of the rules."

My friend and I were discussing an article about who runs the world. Such writings can be very thorough, but only up to a point. That point is the top ruler. It has been said that Satan's greatest achievement is to convince people he does not exist. In this he has largely succeeded.

It seems that naming Satan has been left to the realm of so called religious fanatics, such as I am, to do so. I will say it--as the Bible does--"Satan runs the world." Until one admits this fact we are in the realm of underlings.

With only a day to live, my wife read the entire New Testament. She said that when she read where Jesus says, "I have overcome the world," she cried. At about two in the morning, this old man will not look up the exact quotations, but Luke chapter four tells the story. Satan offers the world to Jesus if he will only worship him. He could offer it because it was his.

I told you how the hymn "This is My Father's World"--so popular in my childhood church--is in reality a reference to Satan. But by the Blood of Jesus, the victory has been won. The twelfth chapter of Revelation reveals the transfer of power. This present world will be destroyed and even death will be destroyed.

We may talk about the names of those who are the minions, but the Bible plainly tells us who is at the top.

No comments:

Post a Comment