Sunday, October 6, 2013

Our Catching Away

Because thou hast kept the word of my patience, I also will keep thee from the hour of temptation, which shall come upon all the world, to try them that dwell upon the earth. Revelation 3:10

My best friend sent me an article by a popular preacher which derides the doctrine of the pre-tribulation rapture. His article blames this wonderful promise by Jesus, to deliver believers from the terrible time that is coming upon all who dwell upon the earth, as a non-political stand.

The preacher gives not one example of a saint who got involved with government. Great saints of the Bible served the government, shocking as this is. I can think of no greater example than Joseph in Egypt. Nehemiah, of course, served as cup bearer to the king. The god of politics, that is political power, did not come under the wrath of Jesus. Religious leaders were the subject of His anger.

I keep thinking of Joseph. Who sought to kill him, and put him into a dry pit? His own brothers. Who elevated Joseph to a position of power and glory but Pharoah.

I am so angry and disappointed with Chuck Baldwin for mocking pre-tribulation rapture people (like me) that I should not be writing this right now. But Chuck proves the point that opposition to truth is most likely to arise from within the church. Chuck blames Scofield and Walvoord, for example, for promoting an escape doctrine.

The Scofield Study Bible is the greatest study Bible I have yet to see, and I get something from any Bible. I hold the view that every Bible has something to offer. I should have my Fanatic License torn to shreds. But the very scriptural Scofield is the greatest guide I have seen, and I have looked. About all that critics of Scofield can do is to criticize him personally. This desperate ad hominum tactic would eliminate David and Paul from writing.

I don't just believe in the rapture, I totally love it! The fact that "catching away" is used in the Bible and that rapture is not, proves nothing. After all, denominations are not mentioned either, yet they are filled with believing saints. Even Chuck is not named. Does that mean I should not believe him?

No comments:

Post a Comment