Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Revelation 3:10, Revelation 3:10, Revelation 3:10

Since you have kept my command to endure patiently, I will also keep you from the hour of trial that is going to come on the whole world to test the inhabitants of the earth. Revelation 3:10, NIV

Because thou hast kept the word of my patience , I will also keep thee from the hour of temptation,which shall come upon all the world, to try them that dwell upon the earth. Revelation 3:10, KJV

The Army couldn't think of anything better to do with me than to make me a wireman and pole climber. I rather liked it, despite my fear of heights. It really helped that we had a good-hearted and very patient instructor.

When it came time for us to learn wire knots, one very important knot was a loop knot, which allowed someone in a jeep to reach up and untie a wire and let it fall to the ground so it could be used elsewhere. If properly made, the loop could be untied from a moving vehicle. The rule was that the loop be 18 inches or more. Our sergeant told us many times to make the knot "eighteen inches or more, eighteen inches or more." He said this so many times that I remember it to this day although my instructor, by now, is either dead or in his hundreds.

It is my hope that people will remember the above scripture in the same way. This wonderful promise is that we will be taken up to escape the terrible trials of those who dwell upon the earth. That a distinction is made between us and "earth dwellers" is another illustration of the rapture.

There is an increasing movement against the doctrine of the rapture. The Presbyterian church I was once in, taught against it saying that the word "rapture" is not in the Bible. Of course neither is the term "Presbyterian church" in the Bible, but they believe in that. Would "catching away" be acceptable to these objectors? It is in the Bible and means the same thing.

I treasure the Biblical doctrine of the rapture. It begins in Genesis and goes on to the the book of Revelation. It shows that the church will not be on the earth during the Great Tribulation. We should remember Rev. 3:10, as I remember my MOS or Military Occupation Specialty of "wireman, 310".

No comments:

Post a Comment