Tuesday, April 30, 2013

All Bugs Are Insects But Not All Insects Are Bugs

My older sister hit me with this when I was a kid of about nine years old. She had learned it from her science teacher. Until I heard it I had considered all truth reversible. I was learning to think, thanks to my sister.

Now we can certainly apply this to modern Zionists, those who are promoting the return to Israel. In fact, through the ages, not all Jews have been the chosen of God. Paul tells us that, For they are not all Israel, which are of Israel. Neither because they are the seed of Abraham, are they all children: but, the children of the promise are counted for the seed. (Romans 9:7,8).

In the wonderful story of Isaac, there is a great message. God has chosen some people to be his, and they are His people. I have just read a diatribe against Israel as a chosen people. "How dare they think their nation is special!"

Well they are a special nation., but not all Israelites are chosen. In Romans chapter nine, Paul explains that, just like Isaac, some of them will receive a great blessing and some will not. Paul goes on in later chapters that this blessing is not because these people are "better" than others. The choice was made before they were born and therefore had done wrong or right.

But what about the nation as a whole? Does Israel have a special destiny? They sure do, it's all over the Old and New Testaments--with a catch--it is not time yet for them to take over. God is presently calling out a people to be His church. These people are from all over the place, not just one nation. The first church council explains it all, in Acts chapter fifteen.

I used to believe all Zionist were Jews. But a lot of church people believe they are doing God's work, when they support the man-made Israel created in 1948. But I follow Acts 15's outline of events to come, and the theology of Romans 9. How is Israel doing? Horribly.

I have been reading of the Haredim Jews in Israel. They are as Jewish as anyone can be. But they are not Zionists. Neither are the Torah Jews in the USA. These Jews understand the time is not yet. Messiah will lead them when it is time.

I'm old-fashioned. Get married first, then have your baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment