Friday, March 15, 2013

"In", See Footnote One

I went to college with a little guy. He was a red-haired Jew. He would listen to a professor talking, then say, "Man that's deep! I don't know what the hell he's talking about, but it's deep."

A lady told me about how smart her preacher was. "He talked for two hours just about Genesis 1:1. I figure he was a proponent of the Gap Theory. That requires a lot of talk! After all, you're trying to reconcile the Bible's six days of creation with geologists and evolutionists. That takes a lot of talk.

So called fundamentals will yield to "experts" by creating a gap between Genesis 1:1 and Genesis 1:2. It could be millions of years they say. I wonder, why not trillions of years? Anyway, if you allow enough time anything can take place, like geological ages and evolution. Maybe you can placate the more scientificly inclined in yourcongregation? Maybe you can even placate the scientists, hard as that can be.

I am wondering, why bend? Why compromise? Don't placate. Confront people with a God who can create the world in six mornings and evenings, uninterrupted, and a holy book that tells about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment