Thursday, March 7, 2013

Dustville Ahead

By the sweat of your brow you will eat your food until you return to the ground, since from it you were taken; for dust you are and to dust you will return. Gen. 3:19, NIV

Not much in this passage to inflate my ego. But I learned long ago that this is a good thing. It makes me seek God and his resurrection.

As it is for me, I feel very dusty these days. This is a graphic way to say that I feel quite mortal. if Jesus does not return soon, I will be headed to dust. But this is the most common fate that there is. I share it with all of mankind.

As I was riding to the cemetary to bury my wife, I asked the lady who was driving, "What do unbelievers do?" She knew exactly what I meant. It was not a theological question. It was a question about their emotions. "They have no hope--only despair" was what she told me.

This little entry of mine is my witness to you. Few could love the resurrection promised to believers more than I do. It is my comfort and my joy.

Paul tells us that mortality must be put on, For the perishable must clothe itself with the imperishable, and the mortal with immortality (I Cor. 15:53, NIV).

No comments:

Post a Comment