Thursday, January 3, 2013

Jews to Egypt Again

And the Lord shall bring thee into Egypt again with ships, by the way whereof I spake unto thee, Thou shalt see it no more again: and there you shall be sold unto your enemies for bondmen and bondwomen, and no man shall buy you. Deuteronomy 29:68

A friend sent me a news item about Jews being asked to go to Egypt to make room in Israel for Palestinians. I thought of this verse. Whether or not this news item is important I can't say.

People may object at my lack of outrage for the very thought that Jews should be asked or even expelled from their promised land. But God did this very thing in the book of Daniel, for instance. The Jews were not promised uninterrupted occupancy of their land. That is, God would dispel them even though the land was theirs. They would return to the land after their "time out" was over.

I am supported in this view by some wonderful Jews. They are called Torah Jews. Their stand is that Jews should stay out of the land of Israel until Messiah comes. He will lead them back to Israel. Meanwhile Jews should support the countries where they live.

I am in no way a modern Zionist. It is the province of many who are not Jews at all. Many Christians believe they are doing God's will by the encouragement of Jews to go to Israel. The Torah Jews say it is not time for them to return. I agree totally. I am a Zionist for the future, when Jesus leads them back.

No comments:

Post a Comment