Saturday, December 22, 2012

My Leaf Igloo

When I was a boy I made one. I got an appliance box and covered it with leaves. I made an entrance from a wire trash burner that had lost it's bottom. I piled leaves on both of them, only leaving a little round door. When I was inside I covered this opening with a basket lid. I made a hole in the box and the leaf pile, so I could just see out.

People would walk in our alley way, right past me and not know the leaf pile was hollow. I could see them and hear them too. The leaf igloo didn't last long. It was time to burn the leaves, and my box too. Neatness must be obeyed.

I was in line at a video store. When it was my turn to be waited on the clerk didn't pay me any attention. She waited on the man behind me. I am invisible.

But God sees me and I am content with that. Actually I revel in it. God sees us and cares.

We have all heard this, but is it not wonderful?

Are not two sparrows sold for a farthing? and one of them shall not fall on the ground without your Father. Matt. 10:29

No comments:

Post a Comment