Friday, November 16, 2012

The Song of Solomon

Thou art all fair, my love; there is no spot in thee. Song of Solomon 4:7

He prayed to understand this book of total love. Many had tried and failed. No one had the key to unlock it. They all knew it was about the love God had for His people. But they could not fit the pieces together.

Finally a man fastened upon it. He made it a prayer priority. Many wise teachers feel Harry Ironside's prayer was answered and yielded to his interpretation.

An old time preacher said, "Any part of the Bible can be understood, if you love it enough."

1 comment:

  1. There is much of the Bible that was simply inexplicable, and frankly seemed irrelevant to the modern day when I was a child and a young woman. I prayed to God to show me, what much of it meant. As I have moved through life, more and more of it makes golden and perfect sense. As the challenging times in the world appear, I see that the Bible is now perfectly relevant and always was. I just erroneously saw modern man differently from those men who lived two thousand years or more, ago.

    ReplyDelete